The Periodic Spiral envisions a remedy to the flaws in conventional periodic tables by illustrating hydrogen's ambiguous relationship to the noble gases and halogens while recognizing its relationship to the alkali metals; it also fully integrates the lanthanons and actinons into the design.
- Dynamic updating of content from the internet (with support for proxy servers): with an active internet connection Periodic Spiral will reflect discoveries in the chemistry world as they occur.
- New help engine: uses native text-to-speech capabilities to make content available to people with visual impairments.
- Meets Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act: Electronic Accessibility Standards. In addition to the help engine, users with mobility issues can rely on the keyboard to navigate the application in the following ways: the arrow keys can be used to manipulate the sliders, the tab key can be used to cycle through elements, and the space bar can be used to toggle the compound panel.
- New search engine: you can now easily locate information in the 700 pages of content, with results returned in a matter of seconds.
- New sliders: three new sliders - Electrical Conductivity, Thermal Conductivity, and Specific Heat - have been added, in addition to a new text-narrative that accompanies all eight.
- New color emission spectra.
- New floating compound panel: can be freely positioned on the interface to intuitively access information on over 2000 compounds.
- Updated content for the twelve main categories and 200 menu items.